Sunday, June 16, 2013

Yet Another Capieke

After being asked to make a capieke for someone not in my own family, I figured I should practice a bit.
This is a blueberry pie inside a chocolate cake. I did this one differently than the others I've done. For this one, I actually baked the pie first. I then placed the pie into the sheet pan full of cake batter, covered the top with aluminum foil, and then baked the cake as directed. When the cake was done, the sides were raised about half an inch higher than the top of the pie. I carefully cut pieces of cake out of each side and evened off the top. Once it was frosted, it looked just like a chocolate sheet cake, at least until it was cut.

1 comment:

  1. Oh. My. Freakin'. God. That looks divine. Serious drooling going on here, and I'm not even a huge blueberry fan like the rest of my gang.

    ReplyDelete