Sunday, June 30, 2013

A Honey of an Apple Pie

I only have one photo, but I've actually made three of this pie. Older son and I are doing a 90-Day Nutrition Challenge, part of which is not eating anything containing refined sugar. I replaced the sugar in this apple pie with honey, and the family actually prefers it to the same recipe made with sugar.
The filling on the pie above came out a bit watery. For the one I made today, I added a bit more flour to the filling, and it's pretty much the consistency of the pie done with sugar. I expect I may be making another one tomorrow since I don't think any of the one I made today will be around after older son has breakfast. 

1 comment:

  1. YUM!!! How do you work the substitution amounts? Do you have some general ratio you start with and work from there? I've been wanting to substitute honey for sugar more, but I haven't really got a feel for it yet.

    ReplyDelete