Thursday, August 16, 2012

Holey-er than Thou

You were expecting the combat garden gnomes today? Sorry--they're next up on the to-do list, not this blog. I probably should have worded things differently yesterday. My bad, and a segue into this morning's reflection on holes in one's self. Confucius noted that it was better to be "a diamond with a flaw than a pebble without." Some days I feel more flawed than others, and wonder what Confucius would have said about a diamond with multiple flaws. Still better than a pebble? Given the immense pressure that it takes to make a diamond, it probably is. At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it, for today anyway.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm...interesting. I suspect I am more of a pebble with multiple flaws. Guess Confucius wouldn't think much of me at all. But I'm okay with it. Sort of.

    ReplyDelete