Monday, August 13, 2012

At Least I Try To

I thought I would include a self portrait as a follow-up to yesterday's post. This is the t-shirt du jour. One of our karate masters has this shirt, and I've always loved it. When I found it online, I immediately ordered one. It doesn't bother me in the least that it's a copy of something someone else had first. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, right? And I do try to do all my own stunts, which you would have seen if you'd been walking the dog with us a week ago ... in the dark ... on a road covered in gravel ... going downhill. I can now say that I've done a front break fall onto gravel-covered pavement and emerged relatively unscathed. One bruised knee and a abrasion on the heel of each hand, and that was it. Face? Intact! Learning from karate how to do my own falls? Priceless!

1 comment: