Friday, September 28, 2012

For What It's Worth

I am told that my current feeling that I will never advance past the green belt I have worn for more than two years now is perfectly normal and happens at some point to everyone who continues in Myo Sim karate. I have also been told by an instructor that I will likely never progress beyond my current second degree black belt status in Myo Sim kendo. As a result, I have been thinking about which of the two I enjoy more figuring that if I'm not going to advance in either, I should concentrate on the one I like best. As the bumper sticker that now decorates the back of my car attests, that's kendo. There's just something about swords and knowing how to use them.

1 comment:

  1. What I know of you is that what is difficult sometimes takes a bit of time, but that you usually master that which you study. You may believe you will never advance. I am not so sure that belief is well-founded. On the other hand, if you want to stop where you are, that is fine with me, too.

    ReplyDelete